Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Corn and Bacon Soup

Corn Soup from "Best of Friends, Too!" Cookbook

4-6 slices bacon, diced
1 large sweet onion, chopped (I used frozen chopped onions)
4 medium potatoes, chopped (I used frozen chopped potatoes)
1 17-oz can whole kernel corn, drained
1 12-oz can creamed corn
1 12-oz can evaporated milk (I used 2% and I'd probably give fat free a try next time)
Salt, pepper, hot sauce to taste.

In a soup kettle, saute the onions and bacon until glossy. Add the potatoes, stirring in enough water to cover all. Cook on medium heat until potatoes are tender. Add corn, and milk. Heat and serve.

******
Instructions for reheating from what I gave you.
  • Keep everything frozen until you're ready to make dinner... don't worry about thawing.
  • In a soup pot, heat up the contents of the bag of bacon and onions for a few minutes, so the bacon will be a bit crispy again. Spices are in there too.
  • Put frozen potatoes in the pot. Cover with water... about 2 cups... cook on medium high.
  • When potatoes are no longer frozen, (about 5 minutes), add other ingredients. (Drain whole kernel corn)
  • Heat thoroughly and serve. Season as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.