Coconut Curry over noodles
modified from: http://www.scribd.com/doc/60284966/1/Coconut-Curry-over-noodles
2 T vegetable oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1-2 lb beef or chicken
2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 T Thai red/green/yellow curry paste (I used green curry paste)
1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
1 T fresh lemon juice (forgot to add)
Angel hair pasta
Saute chicken or beef until cooked through (I cooked all in the crockpot). Remove from skillet. Add onion, bell peppers and 1/4 c water to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes (I froze separately in case children did not want veggies). Add curry paste; Cook 1 minute. Return meat to skillet and add coconut milk. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Cool and freeze. I added a baggy of stir-fry veggies and an extra 1/2 Tbsp "curry cube" (Each bag is labeled and all is in a larger bag)
Serving Day: I'd recommend letting the chicken mixture defrost overnight/day. Stir-fry veggies and "curry cube" (if you want additional curry flavor). Add coconut chicken mixture to veggies reheat. Cook pasta according to directions. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.